Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Letterbox Richardson Texas (A Real Crush)

(Bunny picture courtesy of W.S. Thank you.)
It's letterbox time. I open the letterbox and discover a note from someone who makes me happier than he probably knows when he says something like, "Enjoy reading your blog."

He can say who he is if he wants, but I'll just say I have known him six years and first met him when he came to City Hall.

If I spilled my guts, I'd say he is a person who is grounded and straight up and gives people the benefit of the doubt until they don't deserve it. He has a lot of love for Richardson and has a lot of integrity. I really admire him. I'm glad that he doesn't get wrapped when I, or anyone, disagree with him about issues. He admits to all concerned when he makes a mistake and he stands up for people who deserve it.

But, oh boy, if someone intentionally messes with him, tries to trick him into believing something that definitely isn't true, like some people have done lately, he can be a tenacious B.A. in trying to separate the chaff from the Shinola.

He is talented, and sweet too (except when he's s.a.m., I can't tell you what that means yet because obviously there is a song about it that I am going to show you, so you'll see when I show you).

I know and have met a lot of people, many a lot longer than I have known him, but I can say I have never met anyone like him and I think he is a true jewel. He doesn't know this, but he did something good that no one else did.

He would of course have no idea that this is what I have been thinking about him because this is a new thing for me until recently, this spill some of my guts when I feel like it. Life is short.

(In case I didn't mention it before, this is a personal blog).

Thank you for the friendship, Scooby. And thank you for the note. And, now you know something of what I have been thinking about you.

You Make It Real
by James Morrison (Catchpole)


Mmmmm
There's so much craziness, surrounding me
There's so much going on, it gets hard to breathe
When all my faith has gone, you bring it back to me
You make it real for me

When I'm not sure of, my priorities
When I've lost site of, where I'm meant to be
Like holy water, washing over me
You make it real for me

And I'm running to you baby
You are the only one who saved me
That's why I've been missing you lately
Cause you make it real for me

When my head is strong, but my heart is weak
I'm full of arrogance, and uncertainty
But I can find the words, you teach my heart to speak
You make it real for meee, yeaaa

And I'm running to you baby
Cause you are the only one who saved me
That's whyyy I've been missing you lately
Cause you make it real for me

Ohhh Everybody's talking in words I don't understand
You got to be the only one
Who knows just who I am
Your shinin in the distance
I hope I can make it through
Cause the only place
That I want to be
Is right back home with you

I guess there's so much more I have to learn
But if you're here with me
I know which way to turn
You always give me somewhere,
Somewhere I can learn
You make it real for me

And I'm running to you baby
Cause you are the only one who saved me
That's why I've been missing you lately
Cause you make it real for me
You make it real for me