Monday, May 24, 2010

Why I might (could learn to) love Oklahoma a little bitty bit (don't worry, Texas, it's only a tiny crush)

It's handy and close by. I travel through it or over it, so I rely on it to get to where I am going, if I go that way. ow.

Family; A fantasy aunt who kilns clay pigeons from clay deposits on her farm and a crazy pretend in the good way uncle who challenges me to shoot skeet, using said clay disks, and doesn't mind when I win so I can't help but to accept his invitations to go there on my way back home to Texas.

Family; it's Hanson Day all year round in Tulsa.

Family; The Hicks in Oklahoma are better Hicks than the Hicks in Texas and they know they are so they don't got nothing to prove (my other crazy pretend in the good way uncle says so, it must be true. I have doubts).

Red River, Red Soil, Red and Other Peoples, including birth state of Tony Hillerman.

My most favorite mid-century modern chairs straight out the hood OKC. OKC is becoming a cool music scene too.

Coveted water.

(UPDATE) Lots of free venison on the side of the road?

I've never been to Spain, or heaven, but I been to Oklahoma, well, they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember, in Oklahoma, not Arizona, what does it matter.
Okay, so I filched that last one from Hoyt Axton, son of Mae Boren Axton, but sounds good.

Mh? My list needs work? I'll work on it.