Thursday, May 20, 2010

Response to "Barb"

Dear, Barb

I am replying to you in public as you requested. Thank you for your detailed email and all the unrelated compliments, and curiously odd interest. I will try to answer some, but not all, of your questions.

Yes, it is okay if your real name is not "Barb." No, I do not mind if my blog is not the first blog you have ever tried to make contact with. And no, I can't say I would want a "fan" so to speak as you offer. No, I have never had a love hate relationship or a bad romance and I do not desire one. Yes, you are correct, we are both southern women, if you say you are, so we would have that in common. No, I do not care to play a game called word matchy. The words you list do not match the people you list. I will leave it at that.

Your humor is engaging, to say the least. Thanks for telling me what a mirdle is and who is wearing one in Richardson. You know, I have never thought about it.

What compliment could I pay to you? I would say that your vast knowledge of local fashion trends is impeccable and unimpeachable, by the sounds of it. You are obviously a fashionista. You are certainly busy with many social affairs and hormonal fluxuations going by your description of your life. I will completely understand if you never, ever have time to write to me at my blog again.

Yes, I had planned on sending some songs out. Okay, sure, I will send you two as per your request. I have selected Be Like That by 3 doors down (I suspect I know who you are and where you live, by the way). The second video, I know you will simply go gaga over, to steal your phrase, because of the shoes. The last pair would accent your stated stature exquisitely, don't you think? I do not know many women, or men for that matter, as tall as you say you are.

Goodbye and so long. Again, I will completely understand if you never, ever, ever have time to write to me again.


Maggie May



(try reloading page if video does not load).