Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dreaming of Real Chickens

Near where I live, there is a neighboring family from El Salvador that raises five laying hens and a rooster. (Don't worry, the rooster has such a low urrr urrrh urrrhurrr that you have to be right upon him to hear him.). (There are some other farm animal hobbyists in R-town, but I am not going to inadvertently bust you, but, you know, the dangle of bells and bleets are going to give it away. I'm just saying).

When I visit the Urban Reserve in Dallas not too far from here I admire the hens.

I have been online watching bloggermouse's progress.

There are chickens all around my home away from Richardson.

I've been wanting a tiny teeny urban mircro farm to accompany my plants and wildlife in R-town for a loooooong time. I might be thinking on it harder. However, I have to finish installing four other projects, that will be paying for themselves, first, before I get to that. It's just nice to fantasize about it for now.