Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Letterbox: a request from an "Andrew The L. El Liar" to meet over "chip and cookie jar koolaid" to discuss "visions" and "cave persons"

This was a little while back when I first started this blog and was soon after contacted about this. I say it is obviously a joke, but maybe not entirely, so my answer to the request of an "Andrew The L. El Liar" was that I did not trust him and I did not want to meet with him as he requested.

He then really went off about nobody but him having "visions" and that Richardson was not the great city it once was twenty years ago. He stressed that I must meet with him and he wanted "to interview" me.

I asked what his visions are.

His response was very unorganized, but in summary, he stated he was a "visionary." He explained what he thought was the real history of Richardson and that nobody but him knew it like and how he did. He said he loved writing ad copy. He said he and his organization had the largest continuous email list in town and he has great influence, so it would "behove" me to meet him. He went on to say he liked my ideas and said they were "unstale." (I looked up what "unstale" might meant and the closest explanation I found was that it was like the opposite of a stale chip. I found instructions on How To Unstale Old Chip that I will pass along to others who want to unstale chip. Anyway, he said he planned to use them and spread them around. He asked again if I would meet with him. He complained about people having common sense but it being "too common," and produced a diatribe about him "not being tapped." He concluded that he was accused of lying by so many people and accused of not being able to stop lying so he had decided to "use the idea." He did indicate that a "small amount of corruption" by the man he admires was acceptable to him because it gave him acccess to "a higher place that no one else could visualize."

I replied by asking him again to first tell me what his own visions are.

I never did get an answer. I really do not understand what he is all about. I have not heard from him since then.

I get the impression that he is a real person, but until he replies with an answer, I will not be meeting with him, not intentionally anyway.

Has anyone else received an invitation like this to "meet?" I would be interested in knowing.

Not to be incorrect about a comparison, but he reminded me of "Barb" (who was posting on blogs and who I had an exchange with a couple of months ago). "Barb" is someone on the council who does not like Omar, and he is jealous of him, in my opinion, but I get that because Omar attacked him, like right out of the cage, very skilled. I do not like him either, but I do not incessantly make fun of his Futon and Tweets, etc., and I can admit that he has talents. Like four other people who were recently on the council, at least he can get to the crux of a matter, so I give him that. But while I could be convinced to vote for them, with reservations in some cases, I would be extemely hard pressed to ever vote for him.

A few years ago, an older councilman sent an email to Highland Terrace neighborhood about an item where he pretended to be an actual resident of Highland Terrace named "Sandy" and several of us around city hall knew it was him because he let it slip. He was so angry at another councilman for grand standing and flip flopping, more than once. Plus "Sandy" was jealous of him taking credit for something (which was only partially something that the councilman actually did). (Thanks to someone else for reminding me of that episode).

I bring this up because "Sandy" is another one I would be hard pressed to vote for ever again, not because of his little emails against the other councilman, not because he makes fun of his accent, as he called it, or physical features of others he attacks, not because he is against things and then jumps on board when he sees it floating, not because he elbows out anyone he thinks he needs to in order to take credit for what is not his, but because of bigger, more important issues in combination with all those things. I was forced to vote against him finally last time when he ran for office (because of his actions). My hope is that he will not run again. If he does, I will come out against him.

And, one time about five years ago, one of the divorcing gadflys who had, to a point, teamed up with the same councilman who is "Barb" and his sidekick "Linda Sue" sent mean things in German (language) right after a forum at the Mosque. They had to do with how Muslims treated women. Now that was probably the most creepy thing that has ever been sent around, way more creepy than the white envelope in the mail sent to all the council candidates. It ranks up there.

Again "Barb" made an accusation as to who it was that sent the white letter that attacked the gladfly, but I am not entirely convinced that it wasn't "Barb" himself or team, although I think it probably was from who "Barb" said it was from. He said it was someone helping to head up the RC and one who is now on the Council.

I never did figure out the purpose in him/them sending out that unsigned letter about the gadfly except to discredit him. But, it wasn't as if they needed to do that since all but perhaps one candidate knew about that particular gadfly already and to a person realized what the white letter was saying about him was, well, pretty much true, but very mean, so it was a very "out of touch" attempt.

The gadfly had made up a bunch of stuff about nearly everyone, mixed with some actually true things, like the RC did, but unlike the RC, he didn't spend tens of thousands spreading his lies. But it is no surprise that someone would say something about him, but it is surprising that they wasted their eight bucks postage on that particular message about his personality, etc. And it was clear as coming from someone with their hands all over the elections, someone trying to get in there or stay in there, or keep their candidate in there, or more importantly to some, get the non team players off the council so they could control it better and go back to business as usual without so many questions. What actually happened was that there were people who defended the gadfly, who had and would have not done so usually.

I saw where the offended gadfly put in a public information request to the City of Richardson trying to figure out if "Barb" was telling the truth about having seen the same verbiage, that was used to describe the gadfly in the white envelope unsigned letter, in another email having come from the now-RC Councilman.

I do not know if the Secretary's Office gave him anything responsive to the request or not, but it would be interesting to know. I may pass by that way and glance at it.

I doubt "Barb" produced the email between him and the RC-now- Councilman and certainly the RC-now-Councilman wouldn't have because he is craftier and more upstanding and believable than even "Barb" (except to those who know better). Perhaps someone else will produce it who the RC-now-Councilman copied on that email and who also got ahold of a copy of that naughty unsigned letter.

As you may have picked up, while the facade of propriety and civility is sometimes feigned in public between some of these actors, to borrow a phrase from John Sweeden about something else, "peel back the onion." And now, thanks to them, more than just them and their sidekicks are kicking. I'd say they stirred some people up, people who had never been stirred up that much before.

Now some of this stuff amounts to nothing more than a hill of beans, because almost all of them had and are doing wacky things to each other, but when you get to the part where your business, important issues, your public hearing, and your money is concerned, and they have their and their sidekicks' filthy lying slick but sticky fingers in your cookie jar, you might just want to exam the ol' onion, cabbage, or what ever you want to call it.

It's propably like a forty pound cabbage, not an onion. So it's not like you should ignore it. A lot of people can be fed off a forty pound cabbage each time, whose grocery money and quarter acre it is in the first place.



photo: hgtv.com