Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Letterbox: A blog tip from a reader on how to open links in their own browser window, pros and cons


Before I had updated my blog template a month or so ago, I had added a simple feature that makes a link open into its own browser window. A reader noticed that I didn't have this feature, so offered the tip on how to do it. Thanks for the tip and I will consider adding it back in however the reason I had not made it a point to add it (again) is that I have kept a very basic, but interesting enough web site to come back to (at least people who have contacted me have said I do) and here is pretty much how I was thinking: here (it shows the tip)

Let me know if you know of some reasons in favor of each link opening up in its own browser other than trying to keep people on my blog. I would appreciate knowing.