Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stan Bradshaw, Mayor Gary Slagel's Son In Law, chairs Richardson Coalition Real Heroes award, requests us to vote via unique email addresses.

The 2011 Richardson Coalition's PR campaign kick off release is here (in case you were not set up to receive Richardson Coalition spam). Read the PR release. It certainly comes across as a closed, highly manipulated process for such a supposedly friendly, local volunteer appreciation award in my opinion.

The stakes smell pretty high.

But what a peach of a deal.

Can we just cut to the chase and email Mayor Gary Slagel directly at his email address and give him our email address for his Richardson Coalition PAC editorial and slate promoting purposes, in case our email address is not already in the City's database, or the PAC has not already taken it from the neighborhood list? That's how "The Richardson Coalition" got one of my email addresses when they started. I never gave it to them. I gave my email address to the City, not the Richardson Coalition, to be able to contact me.

Oh, so little privacy when one gives one's email addresses to the city (unless of course you are a special person and affixed it to a petition to beg Gary to not take his ball and go home if he's couldn't be in charge of everything, as in the Eisemann petition presented to the city. In that case, tax payers pay the contract attorney to write for a ruling request to the state attorney and redact the email addresses, saying they were given to the city, to communicate with the city).

My opinion is that in order to significantly ensure chances of a win as a Real Hero, which many people are, during the "interview" with the "board," it couldn't hurt to allude to a promise to vote for Slagel (or his surrogate/s), especially for lifetime mayor (Richardson Coalition style hinting and flirting... you would still be more honest than they were). Agree to put up his yard sign, to seal it.

Oh the "interview." It's not like the panel plans to outright show flash cards with different poses of Slagel and the Slagel slate (plus the guy they couldn't find an opponent for at the last minute) or any issue positions at the Richardson Coalition "interview." Or.... is it? How might that go...

Let's us now go into the magical world to catch a glimpse of a fake "real Richardson" 2011 style interview:

Dweedle dweedle, dweedle dweedle...remember, the "real" "interview" counts, little else does (except if we already "know" you and you are "one of us.")
Dweeedle dweedle...



FLASHCARD


Apple or Banana.

Uh....

The question is, Apple or Banana.




What do you mean?

APPLE OR BANANA!

Uh.... apple? I dunno. I guess?

Correct!

May I go now? I've been here all day.



NO!

May I at least remove these wires?

NO!


dweedle dweedle, dweedle dweedle...
...


It is pretty cheesy of them using hero awards and good Richardson volunteers for political propaganda purposes of the Richardson Coalition PAC, once again collecting, refreshing and using emails for Coalition election propaganda. If one runs a not for profit, or volunteers and does work for the community, who wouldn't want an award as a hero? Or to vote for their friend who volunteers? Hang that award up on the wall for all to admire. Get family and friends to vote, vote, vote. Or who wouldn't desire to know which real gynecologist to really go to?

I love it when I get awards (real good ones, that is). Just being nominated is an honor. (Let's say my nomination last name is Smith, yes, that's it, but no relation to the city Smith. That's S-M-I-T-H....) I'll definitely vote for the slate they suggest, real real hard, after I am nominated and so will my friends and all my family and coworkers. I can hardly wait for their political editorials to come into my volunteery ebox. And pretty pretty slicky pitchurs in the big mail box that tell me what bad meanie is putting flyers on windshields illegally (although technically when they told me who supposedly did that, they were lying). But I've already forgotten about that, e'specially if I have a chance at a hero award!

I'm so excited. I want to go to a Slagel and Slate rally at the auto museum (in fact, I want to go to all three of them), not see Cong. Pete Sessions (who doesn't come after people get onto him for accepting the invitation, bok bok bok bok) and then I will march to the voting booth with my new RC award-giving, "quality of life protecting" friends and I want to do it all right this instant. (I'm not sure who that guy is hanging around at the rally, but I'll vote for him too, he looks friendly).