Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The RISD Trustees have been watchful, listening with a big ear to the rails.

They definitely didn't want or need to make waves in the wake of the superintendent and severance situation. That guy made out here like a bandit, and over yonder too. Who's in charge of things like that, eh?

They noticed a budget based tax rate increase would not be that well received. However when will they float that bond package that they had pulled back. I have heard a lot of chatter about it over the past many months. What increase in RISD taxes will be tied to it? Will it be packaged with an eye toward highest needs, efficiency and effectiveness in the final version?

I am still liking the new guy on the RISD Board of Trustees. I hope he does well.

I have been checking in with PISD too.

I am told that more news will come out about bond package ideas and drafts on what should be included and I am told to look for innovative cost cutting measures that are going to be proposed by trustees, staff, parents, students and others. It will be interesting to see what will come from all of us along those lines.