Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Letterbox: John W. sent a note, a real gentleman. Maggie May USA wasn't referring to John W. in the prior post as the er-NIMBY but is glad he wrote in


(and has agreed to not roll his eyes, so I promise to not roll my eyes in return. I'm just saying, when someone rolls their eyes at me and mine, I will roll mine back, in some way).

Maggie May,

I would like to gain some understanding on your perspective regarding the whole trash issue.
Would you be willing?


Please let me know,

John Wallberg

P.S. I have not advocated for the removal of the transfer station. In meeting with the local Sierra Club head, when he said that their position would be to shut it down and have more (and smaller) transfer stations located in industrial areas, I asked him to not bring this position forward, as it would not be politically feasible.

P.P.S. During this whole process I know that I've made plenty of mistakes. Eye rolling is something that I for sure used to do, and every once and a while still do. If it was me that did the eye roll, then I'm sorry. ...
Either way, many of the points you bring up are good and shared by many of the people working this issue.